Saturday, January 07, 2006

It's Official

202 pounds at the doctor's office (some of that has to be PMS bloat).
190 pounds at home with no clothes on.
61.5 inches tall with a medium frame.
142 blood sugar reading in December.
129 blood sugar reading in October.
172/17 blood pressure (at least that's some good news.)
35 is current BMI. http://www.healthchecksystems.com/bmi.asp

What I should be between:
115 - 129 pounds http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm.
19 - 23 BMI.

I'm diabetic, type 2. It's still in early stages; I should be able to fight it with diet and exercise changes. The two things I have the hardest time with.

Classes start January 17th. The Student Center is oppen right now, so I really be able to start an exercise routine and hopefully make it habit by the time classes start.

I'm still stunned. We all knew that was what is wrong with me, but it's numbing to have it confirmed. I'm not even sure if I know how much weight I should lose in three months before I have to get blood work redone. I know it won't be all of it. I know I want to adhere better to the Fit for Life diet; my energy level was better on it and filling up more on fruits and veggies. I don't think I craved refined sugar as much either.

What is this going to do for my writing and website work? One of the time management tips was to have multiple projects going, so if your brain gets tired of one you can work on something else. I was considering adding website updates. Now I don't know what to do. My body has betrayed me.

Damn, that sounds so melodramatic.

Some stress has allivated. The refinance check finally came through, so I'm squared away financially and can move forward on my land plans. I've cleaned off my desk of all the destracting mess that I can't do anything about until Monday. :p So I'm going to put the groceries away, start laundry, take some asprim, and start writing. Squeeze in two good hours I hope before going to workout.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

T2D not fun. *hugs* You're in for a rough ride, but you can beat it. You just need to stick to a serious diet plan. Get rid of those kilos and eat right and it will, eventually, get back to normal. A friend of mine is going through the same thing; it's not pretty. Depression is part of it.

Stick with the writing; make it your outlet for stress, rather than something you stress about. Have fun with it. It should be an escape; you're just a bit down at the moment, that's all.

If the editing is bugging you, why not start a new project? Something fun and light that you can distract yourself with. Or, make a goal to finish something that's been bugging you. Accomplishing a goal can be very motivating.

Also, it might help to take a couple of things OFF your plate :) Give yourself some time just to be you and relax.

Anonymous said...

You might find this inspirational and helpful too.

http://www.pageonelit.com/WriteWay/GolubM.html

KLCtheBookWorm said...

Saturday and Sunday nights have been spent at the gym, though I have to figure out how I can get to my doctor to sign a release form before I can have a personal trainer.

KLCtheBookWorm said...

LOL! It's true, avoid the carbs!