Sunday, January 21, 2018

But we already had snow?

This past week was so off-kilter and it wasn't just due to me fighting off a head cold all weekend.

  • 1/15 = Off for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
  • 1/16 = back to work because I didn't have a fever despite the head cold making me miserable since Friday. I didn't realize how bad the weather was predicted to get. We were sent home at 2 p.m.
  • 1/17 = Louisiana iced over. Didn't lose power this time, but all the interstates and major bridges were shut down.
  • 1/18 = The temperature was so cold we still didn't thaw out until the afternoon. Paying job remained closed.
  • 1/19 = Everything opened up so back to work. It felt like a Monday and I forgot to do my Friday updates. Driving was dicy with ice in a few spots on the surface streets that had been shaded all three days.

The weirdest thing is we don't get two freeze events like this in one winter. I'm troubled that it's a climate change sign that we can't recover from.

Or maybe the ice zombies are coming for us all.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: