Friday, November 14, 2008

Number Crunching 135

Quicken Cash Flow = 1025.28
STEF Total = 75.69

Enter receipts into Quicken: Done.

Reconcile Quicken to online accounts: Reconciled.

Add totals to spreadsheet: Done and a copy printed out.

What did I accomplish during the week? Tried to fix the roof and ended up having to do another stop payment. I’ve never had to issue a stop payment for the dozen years that my finances have expanded beyond a piggy bankm and now I have two wearly back to back. Weird.

The crew knocked on my door Saturday, need to use up the material in their tank before they lost it and was willing to cut me a deal along with trimming the cedar tree branches touching the tin. I think it’s been nearly eight or maybe nine years since we last put a treatment on the tin, by rolling the sealant on the roof. They sprayed their stuff on and it’s black. They swore it would stop the leaks, so I agreed.

Their price ended up being a little higher than my initial estimate, so I had to transfer money from the STEF to cover it, but it was still cheaper than it would be normally. Only they didn’t have enough to finish the back (where my leaks are). They promised to be back Monday to finish, so I paid in a combination of check and cash.

Didn’t hear from them on Monday, so I put a stop payment on the check. Uncle Scott is pretty confident he can finish the back side of the roof once I buy matching sealant.

Your Money or Your Life Exercise: Skipped due to NaNo.

Plans for next week:
  • Set up bill payer.
  • Use the free ATMs.
  • Cook food and eat at home.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: