Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Taking a break

Looking at rewriting the Fifth deleted section in The Hyrueliana, which is the entire climax. Not ready for that yet so I'm taking a break.

Chad wants to go to Gulf Wars in March. I want to, but I think I'm going to have to go into a sewing and dieting frenzy. I don't have enough garb that I fit in to wear. And especially not for Pennsic. *Whimper*

There is stuff I'm getting inspired by. A Festive Attyre showed me a new technique with lacing that might work better than everything I have used. Plus I like the Flemish and Italian peasant dresses. The noble gowns are fabulous, but I have so much repair work to do to my "Shakespeare in Love" dress. It might be more worthwhile to just start over on a new noble gown, BUT I'm lacking the budget for it. And I need a smashing doublet for Capt. Kate so everyone will stop calling her the Alcatraz pirate. (Here's a back view.) The stripes are actually blue. It doesn't look that bad for my first sewn doublet, really. Anyways, I need a long-sleeved doublet and I would like it in red to match the hiked up skirt.

Damn, there's no way around it. I'm going to have to start sewing.

Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: