Friday, December 05, 2003

Not Enough Hours in the Day

My to do list is huge (no big surprise there). Overtime at work (K-time really doesn't feel worth it). An hour long commute back home. Is it any real wonder why I don't feel like doing anything when I get there?

I didn't think so.

Once Faire season is over, I'm restricting my sugar intake again. I'm sure part of the exhaustion is fluxation in blood sugar levels.

And during the ride home last night, I came up with my writing project list (the stuff that hasn't been regulated to the work on it in the next decade list). 10 items at different stages. I decided that the only way I'm going to make any headway into that list and make it a list of eight stories in submission land is to put myself on a strict writing schedule. Not counting overtime, I work 40 hours a week. If I can plan to spend 20 hours a writing tasks only, I should be able to conquer the list without much pain. And it should give me a good foundation for when I can quit the other job and live off my writing. It's an hour long drive and I have a vivid imagination.

2 hours a night Monday through Friday equals 10 hours plus 5 hours Saturday and Sunday equals 20 hours. Of course, it has to wait till next week to get started. :p Here's to setting goals for myself.


Read Free!
The BookWorm

No comments: